Website powered by

Photogrammetry Study WIP

A study I did to learn about the workflow of sculpting from photogrammetry. The breakdown of this was fairly simple. Starting from having several pictures taken from various angles to capture the front of my face. Then using a software called Photoscan, I rendered a 3D mesh of my face. Afterward, I cleaned up the mesh in ZBrush and textured in Mari and Substance Painter before rendering it in Marmoset. Once in Marmoset, I noticed some problems with the mesh that I am currently working to fix.

Mesh right after assembly in Photoscan and imported into ZBrush.

Mesh right after assembly in Photoscan and imported into ZBrush.

After importing the Mesh into ZBrush, I began to clean up the front of the model and add in the back.  After the model was clean I created a quick UV map using ZBrush's UV Master tool.

After importing the Mesh into ZBrush, I began to clean up the front of the model and add in the back. After the model was clean I created a quick UV map using ZBrush's UV Master tool.

Once the Model was UVed I exported it from ZBrush and imported it into Mari to get back my skin textures.  Before sending it to substance to add color and finish texturing.

Once the Model was UVed I exported it from ZBrush and imported it into Mari to get back my skin textures. Before sending it to substance to add color and finish texturing.

Once I finished texturing I rendered it in Marmoset.